Ma’u Henua informs
The number of visitors to the National Park is measured by the number of entry tickets sold. This measurement covers the period from January of 2017 through December of 2018. The most important information that these statistics offer is a detailed vision of annual tourism in Rapa Nui.
- Visitor numbers have increased since Ma´u Henua took over the park administration.
- The majority of tourists are domestic Chileans with nearly 54% of the total.
- In general, all the months of the year show high number of visitors, except for June and July which show much fewer visits by international tourists.
- 10% of the visitors are minors, principally of Chilean origin.
- 59% of the visitors are female, which represents an important challenge to offer services that are focused on their needs.
- We have an important number of visitors without an accompanying guide, which is another challenge for the care of our heritage.
Ambassador of Japan in Chile “My primary goal is to demonstrate that the Japanese people are with you.”Mayor Pedro Edmunds Paoa and Japanese Ambassador Kazuhisa Shibuya inaugurated the Comprehensive Care Center in Rapa Nui. The center, funded by the Japanese...
Te tātou 'ōro'a he Tāpati Rapa Nui 2023Mai te toru ki te ho'e 'ahuru mā ho'e mahana o Hetu'u PūThe details of the next Tāpati 2023 after the Covid 19By Camila Sandoval Photos by I. Municipalidad de Isla de PascuaThis celebration, which values the cultural heritage of...
Rapa Nui, the land of mystery and living history, where you can experience the natural and cultural wealth in one of the most beautiful and intriguing places on our planet.