Ma’u Henua informs
The number of visitors to the National Park is measured by the number of entry tickets sold. This measurement covers the period from January of 2017 through December of 2018. The most important information that these statistics offer is a detailed vision of annual tourism in Rapa Nui.
- Visitor numbers have increased since Ma´u Henua took over the park administration.
- The majority of tourists are domestic Chileans with nearly 54% of the total.
- In general, all the months of the year show high number of visitors, except for June and July which show much fewer visits by international tourists.
- 10% of the visitors are minors, principally of Chilean origin.
- 59% of the visitors are female, which represents an important challenge to offer services that are focused on their needs.
- We have an important number of visitors without an accompanying guide, which is another challenge for the care of our heritage.
HonuiThe Rapanui Families Organize2016 was the 50th anniversary of the government of Chile establishing civil administration on Rapa Nui, after leasing it for 47 years to a British multi-national livestock firm, followed by 13 years under the administration and...
Island Entrepreneurs purify the WaterIn the past, Easter Islanders got their drinking water from the craters of the extinct volcanoes Rano Kau, Rano Raraku and Rano Aroi, as well as from the many subterranean caves that, even to the present day, hold an abundance of...
RAPA NUI TOP SECRETA North American Air Force base installed on Easter Island in the 1960s was part of a project of espionage on the Soviet Union from space. The journalist Patricia Stambuk clarifies all doubts with recently declassified documents from Washington:...